Monday 20 March 2017

Super quick update (of nothing)

Just in case you ever find this blog and start reading and then (at the last posts, start wondering how it worked out)...
Everything's fine.


I still take Vitamin D3 - I've moved away from the 50,000 in a single capsule, and now take a 10k capsule that contains oil. I do this 5 days/week and also take a little calcium. Holland & Barretts have a pleasant tasting fruit/veg flavoured calcium pastel.


Still take a little less red meat than i used to and of course, still completely avoiding dairy.


There are loads of options now for a cheese fix (although i don't actually miss cheese any more, there are some acceptable alternatices that mean a quality ham and cheese sandwich is available).
Other companies (like alpro) have lots of alt-milk (nut based and soya based) and yoghurt ranges available, and there are more desserts than ever.


I am reading into a book called The China Study which ultimately, advocates a whole-plant food diest, but i haven't taken thart particular plung just yet.


So here we are - pretty much exactly 5 years since the original diagnosis. Other than registering with my local MS NHS group (and being told I no longer need to come in), i've had nothing to report since 2012.
No new attacks (that I'm aware of). Stable weight. Enjoying life and almost never think about the disease at all, except when i remember why I request non-dairy food.


I poop my tablets automatically and basically, no longer think of them as being related to anything other than me taking supplements.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment